Search This Blog

Thursday, June 17, 2010

A blog about creating this blog

Hello all!

I am a stay-at-home mom who just joined the mom of two boys club. My oldest will be 2 at the end of July and my newest cutie will be 4 weeks on Saturday! I was thinking how I don't have enough on my plate, so I'll start a blog! Ha! Right now I'm nursing my little one (W) and my toddler (R) is having an all out fit in the kitchen over some graham crackers he can't reach.

I've decided to join the ranks of mommy bloggers for a number of reasons. It looks fun to post your thoughts to the world! And I'm not talking about your immediate world. My intention is not for my mother or my mother-in-law or my best friend to read this. This is intended (no matter how it ends up) for all the other moms out there dealing with middle of the night nursing sessions, crazy toddlers, public tantrums, and unsolicited "advice". This is for the moms constantly learning about their children and from their children.

I know, the person I was before I had these wonderful boys was not only different, but truly oblivious to what it means to be a mom and love someone so much that you'd sacrifice anything for them - be it sleep, a social life, eating warm food, a clean house, a solo trip to the bathroom, your once svelte figure, modesty, privacy, frequent sex with your husband of significant other...the list goes on and on. My love for my children has inspired me to investigate everything from extended breastfeeding to homeopathic remedies to homebirth. And this is what I intend my blog to be all about - the challenges of motherhood, the controversial decisions we make or consider, and of course the joys of motherhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment